Get in touch!
Show us some love!
AU PAIR IN AMERICA’S COSTS AND BENEFITS
WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU SIGN UP WITH AU PAIR IN AMERICA?
Choose Au Pair in America for our complete support package! We provide support and assistance along every step of your au pair journey. Our dedicated teams in Southern Africa, the UK and the US are on hand to help prior to your departure and throughout your entire stay.
In return for a Program Fee you will receive:
- Support throughout the application, interview and matching process
- A face-to-face interview with one of our team and a personality questionnaire
- Visa sponsorship and assistance obtaining your J-1 Exchange Visitor visa
- Your profile displayed on our Au Pair in America online matching system
- Return flights to and from New York plus onward travel to your host family
ONCE YOU ARRIVE:
- Transfer to our Orientation venue
- 3-day Orientation program in a 4* hotel near New York City to prepare you for your year
- Your own private room and all meals provided with your host family
- A study allowance of US$500
- Access to transport so you can attend your weekly classes
- A minimum of US$195.75 weekly pocket money**
- Medical and liability insurance
- At least 1.5 days off per week and 1 full weekend off per month
- Two weeks’ paid vacation
- A travel month after your placement ends
- Local support in the form of a dedicated Community Counselor
- 24 hour emergency assistance throughout your entire stay
- Social events organized in your area to meet up with other au pairs
** Note:The minimum weekly stipend is calculated by the U.S. Department of State after accounting for costs associated with weekly room and board. Host families and au pairs are free to agree to compensation higher than the legally applicable minimum.
Au Pair in America values your privacy, and the security of your personal information is always our priority. For your safety and financial protection please take a moment to read our Internet Safety Guidelines.
“Au Pair in America provided the moments I shall treasure the most. Go on! Try it! Your life will be changed forever!” Nombuso, Durban